Search This Blog

Gofundme:

If you've ever been in love, help me do the unthinkable: http://www.gofundme.com/756vbs

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Episode 2: GoFundMe & Breaking the Law

I guess it's not hard to see, this whole endeavor is a project. I'm a private person, I hate other people being in my business and knowing the inner workings of my mind but...

Well, yesterday SAM (sfiso's nickname) asked me if I honestly thought we would ever see each other again. It wasn't the first time he'd asked and I'm sure it won't be the last but, there are only so many "see you soons" and "it will be fine"s a person can take when they're wanting something intangible. What is a relationship with someone you can't touch? Can't reach out and hold when they're sad, or cold, or lonely? I think that we didn't know what we were getting into when we decided to keep in touch. When they say distance makes the heart grow fonder they were telling the god honest truth, but I don't know if fonder means stronger.

I wonder if I will forget his face, so I save his photos.
I wonder if I will forget his voice, so I call when I can.
I wonder if he will forget me, so I ask insistently.

If you've ever been the person who just wants to make another person as happy as they make you feel, you'll know that being in two different continents makes that challenge the biggest mountain you've ever climbed... but you don't stop climbing. We can't stop trying. If I only have one life to live and I never risk it, I never put myself on the limb for a gift towards the unconventional than... what am I living for?

I will probably work a dead-end job, I will probably struggle financially, I will probably see the same neighborhoods over and over in life but I will never say that I didn't fight out of fear of the unknown. I'm giving it my all, even risking putting these thoughts out there in the open just to garner some support for this beautiful tragedy, I know! that I want to make someone happy. And the simplest thing... can I see you again one day? 

Well... yes. I can't afford it, I'm immobile, I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place but the moment that the window of opportunity opens yes! I'm running through it. I can't wait for life to make it easy to love, but I know life has already made it worth it.


Anyway I appreciate the help if you can in any way (gofundme.com/goingthedistance), but if not I appreciate the company. Read, comment, let me know if you've been here too? Maybe distance wasn't your problem... was it something else?


5 comments: